Purpose: This document will describe how to use ISL Remote Support. Instructions are included on how to save the application to your workstation for future use.
Using ISL for the first time
- From your web browser, navigate to www.idexx.com/help
- Enter the Session Code given to you by the DVMAX Support Technician
- Click Connect
- Click Start - A download will begin (You may be asked if you want to save the file, and to which location. Choose to save in the Downloads folder).
- Navigate to the downloaded application
- Many web browsers will show the status of the download in the toolbar at the top of the window. You can click on this icon once the download is complete, or follow the steps below
- On A PC - (Video Recording - Downloading and Using ISL Client Light for PC.mov)
- The downloads folder is located in the user profile Users folder (C:\Users\Profile of currently logged in user\Downloads - If you're logged in as the Administrator the path will be C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads) OR
- Click on the folder icon on the task bar. In the upper left section of the window, click on the Downloads folder
- On A Mac - (Video Recording - Downloading and Running ISL Client Light for Mac.mov)
- You will see a Downloads folder in the dock. Click on this to expand the list of downloaded items. Click on the ISL_Light_Client icon OR
- Open a Finder window. Click on the Downloads button under Favorites. Double-click on the ISL_Light_Client icon
- Double-click on the ISL Light Client icon - You may be asked if you want to run the downloaded application. Choose Open.
- Screen sharing is now active and the DVMAX technician can view and control your workstation
Installing ISL Light Client on Your Workstation (Mac Users)
After downloading the application using the steps above, the clinic can choose to save the application to the workstation. If the clinic chooses to do so, steps 1-5 above can be skipped next time a DVMAX technician needs to log into this workstation.
- Video Recording of Steps to Perform - Installing ISL Light Client on your Desktop for Mac.mov
- Double-click on the ISL Light installer
- Drag the ISL Light Client icon to your desktop
- The application is now installed on your desktop. The next time a DVMAX technician needs to log into your computer, double-click the ISL Light application and enter the Session Code given to you by the technician.
Installing ISL Light Client on Your Workstation (PC Users)
- Video Recording of Steps to Perform - Installing ISL Light Client on your Desktop for PC.mov
PC Users must download the application using the following steps to have the application available on a workstation for future use. Performing these steps is not necessary, but will allow a caller to skip the initial steps listed above, and simply enter the Session Code given by the DVMAX Support Technician.
- Download ISL Light Client using this link - ISL Light Client 4
- Navigate to the Downloads folder
- Right-click on the ISL Light Client.exe icon and choose Send To
- Choose to Send To Desktop - this will place an ISL Light Client on your desktop. The next time remote access is necessary, double-click the icon, and enter the Session Code given by DVMAX Support.